Governance for safety
Safety in the Diocese of Newcastle is governed in the following way
- The Bishop and the Diocesan Council are responsible for approving safe ministry policies and receives advice about those policies from the Professional Standards Committee
- The Parish Council is responsible for ensuring the safe ministry policy is followed in the parish.
- The Incumbent and the Churchwardens of the Parish have the day to day responsibility for ensuring implementation and compliance with the safe ministry policy.
- The Parish Council with the concurrence of the Incumbent may appoint a Safe Ministry Officer to assist with implementation and compliance with the safe ministry policy.
- Every person exercising leadership or responsibility for a program in the parish is required to ensure that program complies with the safe ministry policy.
Policy Updated – 6 July 2020