We would be delighted to explore you ministering within the Anglican Diocese of Newcastle.
People exploring work and ministry in this Diocese should be familiar with the Diocesan Ethos.
Clergy VacanciesThe parishes listed below are seeking clergy at the current time.
- FULL TIME – Dungog
- FULL TIME – Muswellbrook – Muswellbrook Parish Profile – Muswellbrook Parish Consultation October 2019
- FULL TIME – Merewether
- FULL TIME – Wyong – Wyong Parish Consultation
- FULL TIME – Vacant from 21 September 2020 – Gloucester – Gloucester Parish Profile Detailed – Gloucester Parish Profile Snapshot
- PART TIME – Denman – Denman Parish Profile – Denman Parish Consultation December 2019
- PART TIME – Swansea
- PART TIME – Telarah / Rutherford
- PART TIME – Wollombi Valley
- HOUSE FOR DUTY – Gresford and Paterson
- HOUSE FOR DUTY – Merriwa
To be eligible for appointment the person must be a Priest within the Anglican Communion or a Deacon exploring the vocation to priesthood.
You must be willing to work within and support the ethos of the Diocese of Newcastle.
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident or eligible for a working visa.
There are currently no positions available.
Positions Vacant in other Christian Organisations
Family and Domestic Violence Project Officer – Part Time
Organisation: NSW Ecumenical Council
Contact: Wies Schuiringa 0439 024 397 or by email
The NSW Ecumenical Council has received funding from the National Council of Churches Glenburnie Fund for a family and domestic violence project.
The aim of the project is “to recognise and increase awareness of family and domestic violence in church parishes and to develop skills for clergy and lay leaders to respond when instances of family and domestic violence become known.” The project is to be completed in a 10 to 12 months period.
The Council is recruiting a part time project worker who will make contact with parishes to explain the project and gauge the interest for further contact and a workshop.
The project has a project support group which includes Canon Michelle Hazel Jahwary from our Diocese.
Recruitment for the position has commenced and the position description can be found here.
Applications close on 31 July 2020. For further information about the project and the position, contact Wies Schuiringa on 0439 024 397 or by email.