Give the gift of joy to local children in need this Christmas
Donate a gift to the Samaritans Christmas Warehouse and give joy to someone in need this Christmas. A small donation of food, cash or gifts this Christmas can make a massive difference.
The Diocesan office will have a Christmas Giving Tree again in 2017. You can drop in your unwrapped gift to the Anglican Diocese Office, 134 King Street Newcastle before Friday December 15, 2017.
Ideas For Gifts
While many people enjoy giving the traditional soft fluffy toy at Christmas time, the desperate need is for gifts for teenagers or adults, this is our biggest shortfall!
- Teenage Girls: Toiletries, cosmetics, beach towel, backpacks, purses or bags, hats or a gift voucher (Target, Big W, etc).
- Girls: Watch, dolls, books, games, doll prams, textas or craft items.
- Teenage Boys: Cricket set or other sporting equipment, beach towel, radio, watch, CD player, Ipod or MP3 player, portable DVD player, backpacks, wallets, caps or a gift voucher (Target, Big W, etc).
- Boys: Football, books, games, cars, any active sports items, action figures.
- Adults: Toiletries (male and/or female), towels, hats, socks, vouchers, backpacks, bags, ornaments (picture frames, candles). Please remember that many of our clients can not necessarily afford battery operated items.
- Other: Gift wrapping/wrapping paper.
- Food: Samaritans is always in need of non-perishable food reserves and they need your help to restock the shelves, especially at Christmas Time.
Please don’t wrap gifts. The gifts are wrapped once the gift has been chosen.
“When I met her she was crying and stressed. She had very recently fled her violent partner and was left with no money and no possessions. All she wanted to do was give her two young children a happy Christmas…” -Samaritans Christmas Volunteer