Vision and Mission – Flourishing By Grace
We are endeavouring to see a comprehensive expression of Anglicanism develop within the Diocese.
We wish to see everyone flourish by the grace made known to us by God through Jesus Christ. This will be expressed through
- Focussing our resolve
- Committed to healthy ministry
- As a safe church
- Encouraging inclusion
- Using our resources well
- Engaging in 21st Century mission
Our hope and prayer is that the Anglican Church is seen to be making a valuable contribution to the region and people we serve. We are rebuilding community trust so that Anglican Churches are known for helping people seeking to deepen their faith and find blessing in their lives.
We desire deeply that everyone is safe within the community and within the church. We lament the harm that children experienced within the life of the Diocese and our failure to respond when they came forward to speak of their experience.
Our work and spiritual life is fashioned by an ever-deepening relationship with God: the Holy Trinity. Being made in the image of God we flourish in relationships of love. We find our fulfilment in community flowing from the Community of God.
The Diocese acknowledges the traditional custodianship of the First Nations of the land on which the Diocese ministers – the Awabakal, Biripi, Darkinjung, Geawegal, Kamilaroi, Worimi, Garrigal and Wonnarua peoples.
The Diocese affirms the sacramental and preaching ministry of women and men; rejoicing that women and men are called by God to ministry as laity, deacons, priests and bishops.
Download the Strategic Directions and Work Plan 2018 – 2021
- Governing culture: practical considerations for the board and its committees
- A COVENANT FORM OF THE HEALTHY MINISTRY PRACTICES
- Preparing Your Church For Growth
- Children and Young People’s Participation
- Spirit of Invitation
- A Time to Slow – Anglican Catholic Church Growth in London
- Faith and Belief in Australia Report – A National Study on Religion, Spirituality and Worldview Trends
- Church Planting and the Mission of the Church – A Statement by the House of Bishops
- Church Times Anglo Catholic Growth
- Church Times Lay Ministry
- Rev’d Dr John Capper’s slides from the Diocesan Leaders’ Conference
- Sharing Our Faith study booklet – written by Bill Ray
- Learning to Preach Like Jesus – written by Rev. Kesh Rico Govan
- Download the Regional Meetings presentation here