- Singing permitted in churches from 27 March
- Further update on COVID Safe arrangements for churches soon
We have been advised that the Minister for Health has granted an exemption to the Public Health (COVID-19 Restrictions on Gathering and Movement) Order 2021 which allows singing in churches to commence from this Saturday. Under the exemption, in relation to places of public worship:
- There will be no cap of 30 performers permitted to sing indoors
- There will be no requirement of 1 person per 4 square metres of space if members of the congregation are singing in an indoor area
- There will be no mandatory requirement for people to wear a face mask if they are singing indoors in a place of public worship
The exemption commences on 27 March and will be repealed at the beginning of 29 March.
Early next week our Quality and Risk people will review the revised expectations of places of worship (and related activities) to identify other changes which may affect our worship in ministry life.