- Singing now allowed by choirs up to 30 indoors with 1.5m between performers and 5m between performers and other people
- Congregational singing permitted wearing masks – maximum capacity of one person per 4sqm
From 12.01am on Friday 26 February 2021 there were a number of changes to the restrictions in NSW that effect Places of Worship.
Group singing and chanting remains a high-risk activity for transmission should someone involved be infected.
For performances by singers you need to ensure that:
- No more than 30 performers should sing indoors, all singers must face forward and not towards each other, there needs to be 1.5m between performers and 5m between performers and other people including the conductor and the audience.
- In outdoor areas, if the event is one where the audience or congregation are likely to participate in singing or chanting, such as religious services, audience members and congregants older than 12 years should wear a face mask.
For services where congregants will be singing:
- The maximum capacity of one person per 4 square metres on the premises or 25 people, whichever is the greater
- Everyone attending the service must wear a face mask during the singing
There should be no dancefloors, except for weddings where the maximum of 30 people are permitted on the dance floor at any one time.
Updated COVIDSafe Documents
A number of the COVIDSafe documents have been updated so that they are aligned with the current rules and restrictions.
Please refer to the Newcastle Anglican Church Website COVID-19 page for the latest advice and the following updated documents:
Safe Return to Church
COVID-19 Church Activities – Application Form 19022021
COVID-19 Church Framework – COVIDSafe Plan V2 02022021
COVIDSafe Fact Sheet Requirements of the Parish V6 02022021
COVIDSafe Fact Sheet Preparation and Service of Food V2 02022021
Safe Re-opening of Opportunity and Retail Shops
Framework Fact Sheet 4 – Accepting and Sorting Donations V2 04022021
Safe Reinstatement of Hall Hire to Third Party
Fact Sheet COVID-19 Safe Reinstatement of Hall Hire to Third Parties V4 25022021
Hire – Casual Agreement – COVID19 Annexure V2 02022021
Safe Return to Child and Youth Activities
COVID-19 Safe Child and Youth Activities Framework – Application Form V2 02022021
COVID-19 Safe Child and Youth Activities Framework-Fact Sheet 2 Preparing The Site V2 24022021
COVID-19 Safe Child and Youth Activities Framework-Fact Sheet 3 General Requirements V5 25022021