COVID-19 Update – New Restrictions for churches on the Central Coast (immediate effect)
Dear sisters and brothers,
- New restrictions for churches on the Central Coast (immediate effect)
- All parishes to be alert to possibility of new restrictions
Effective from today the NSW Government have reintroduced restrictions for places of worship falling within the Greater Sydney area. They have included the Central Coast as part of these restrictions.
I alert all parishes to the reality that this is a changing situation and other parishes may be required to comply with these new restrictions.
Effective immediately the following restrictions will be in place for all parishes that fall within the Central Coast:
The maximum capacity for buildings has reverted to one person every 4 square metres with a cap of 300. Maximum capacity signage must be updated to reflect this change.
No more than 5 performers may sing indoors, and the following measures must be in place:
- all singers face forwards and not towards each other;
- have physical distancing of 1.5 metres between each other and any other performers, and 5 metres from all other people including the audience and conductor;
- The audience or congregation are not permitted to participate in singing or chanting indoors.
NSW Health strongly recommend that persons attending a place of worship wear face masks indoors.
These restrictions have been updated in the attached document
which will need to be read and agreed to by both the Incumbent and Church Warden and a copy retained with the COVID19 Safety Plan which is held on site.
It is a timely reminder that this virus is still present within the community and to ensure the continued safety of all persons attending or sites it is imperative that we ensure strict adherence to the measures outlined within the Diocesan COVID19 Safety plan. I draw attention to the requirement for people from different households to be physically distant from each other by at least 1.5 metres.
These measures will continue until further direction is provided.
With every blessing