COVID-19 Update – E-Safety Resources
20 April — Number 2
- E-Safety Resources
- Child safety online
- Resources for the safe use of Zoom
The E-Safety Commissioner has reached out to the Diocese to highlight the Child protection and online learning webinars they are commencing on Wednesday.
The E-Safety Commissioner has also provided some information on e-safety when using Zoom.
The E-Safety commissioner has provided some great resources during COVID-19 which are accessible through their webpage.
The webinars are in response to a range of questions about how schools and organisations can promote and maintain child safety and wellbeing while delivering online learning. This rapid transition to online learning may increase and intensify online safety risks and harms for young people, teachers and parents.
Here is a list of all the upcoming webinars. You can access the registration page by clicking on the title.
Child protection and online learning
This 30-minute webinar is suitable for educators and organisations working with young people.
- Wednesday 22nd April 10-10:30 am
- Wednesday 22nd April 8-8:30 pm
- Friday 24th April 10-10:30 am
- Wednesday 29th April 11:30-12 pm
- Friday 1st May 1-1:30 pm
Helping kids thrive online
One-hour webinar suitable for parents and carers of young people aged 5-12 years old.
- Tuesday 21st April 8-9 pm
- Tuesday 28th April 12-1 pm
One-hour webinar suitable for parents and carers of young people aged 12-18 years old.
- Tuesday 21st April 12-1 pm
- Wednesday 29th April 8-9 pm
Keeping safe and healthy online
This 30-minute webinar was developed especially for children aged 7-12 years.
- Tuesday 21st April 10-10:30 am
- Tuesday 28th April 10:30-11 am
- Wednesday 29th April 10:30-11 am
- Wednesday 6th May 10:30-11 am
This 30-minute webinar is suitable for parents and carers.
• Monday 4th May 1-1:30 pm
• Wednesday 6th May 8:30-9 pm
• Tuesday 12th May 8:30 9 pm
My house, my rules
This 30-minute webinar is suitable for parents/carers and their children.
• Wednesday 22nd April 11:30-12 pm
• Friday 8th May 11:30-12 pm
• Tuesday 12th May 11:30-12 pm
• Wednesday 14 May 11:30-12 pm
HouseParty App (People aged 13+)
The eSafety guide has new information on the app Houseparty.