2 June – Number 1
- Applications to reopen or use church buildings for a congregation of up to 50 people now open
- Applications to reopen opportunity and similar shops will be available soon
- Applications to permit hall hire will be available soon
- Permission is not yet available to restart Sunday School or similar activities
- Permission is not yet available for cafes, food service and similar events
COVID19 is a virus which in severe cases can cause pneumonia with severe acute respiratory distress requiring hospitalisation. In some cases COVID19 is fatal.
NSW Health remains concerned about the risk of transmission especially to people who are identified as being vulnerable because of their age or other existing health factors.
Activities associated with church have been identified as posing a higher risk than activities in other parts of the community. Of particular concern are those activities which involve adults being in close contact, being subject to droplet transmission or touching contaminated surfaces.
The Diocese in its many expressions has an obligation in love and under the law to ensure the safety of all people who are involved with or receive its work and ministry.
The revised fact sheets and the re-opening application can be found on the Diocesan Website.
The fact sheets and application form for re-opening the opportunity shops and other retails activities will be available in the next few days.
The facts sheets and application form for permitting hall hire will be available as soon as possible.
At this stage, work is continuing on the fact sheets for the safe operation of Sunday Schools (and other youth and childrens activities), cafes, and other food-related events.